- GISD serves over 11,000 students and employs more than 1,600 teachers and staff members
- More than 60% of our students qualify as economically disadvantaged, 17% are English language learners, and 49% are considered at-risk
- Despite increases in district costs, state funding is decreasing
- Our attendance rate surpasses that of both Region 13 and the state average and our college admissions test scores do, too
- See our community-driven strategic plan
WHAT WE DO
New Teacher Welcome
Gift cards to help new educators feel at home in GISD, presented by our board at the beginning of the school year.
Teacher Innovation Grants
Project/program grants awarded to advance teaching and learning beyond the capabilities of a standard school budget.
State of the District Luncheon
A plated lunch, student performances, and the inside scoop on the progress and planning for Georgetown public schools.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
- Volunteering for a district committee
- Grade Innovative Teaching Grants
- Serve as a judge for SeaPerch competitions
- Make a financial contribution to the Foundation